‘I went to buy shoes for sallah when bomb cut my leg’

I want to see my parents – Another survivor
Few days before Wednesday Kaduna bomb explosion, Abubakar Usman, 10, was full of hope and joy of going to wear a new pair of shoes during the forthcoming sallah day, but that joy was terminated when the bomb hit him and cut his leg.

Usman told Saturday Sun on his hospital bed at 44 Army Reference Hospital that his mother had asked him to go and meet his elder brother to buy shoes for him at Kawo market.
He said it was not too long when they entered the market that the bomb exploded, devastating the area and killing several people as well as injuring others.
He said he did not know how he got to the hospital, but believed that government officials must have brought him there for medical treatment.
Abubakar Usman said: “My mother said I should go and meet my elder brother in Kawo market to buy a new pair of shoes for me for the forthcoming sallah celebration. As we were arriving the market, the bomb exploded, and all of a sudden, blood started gushing out of one of my legs. And I now realised that it was the bomb blast that hit me. I fell on the ground, and I did not know who brought me to the hospital. I don’t even know where my brother is now.
“My father is working with the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE), and my mother is at home. My mother came to the hospital with all my brothers to see me. I am still looking forward to sallah celebration despite what has happened to me.”
Another survivor, Abdulmumini Adamu, receiving medical attention at the same hospital, said he had earlier left the venue of the Ramadan lecture at Murtala Square, and that as soon as he got to Kawo, the bomb blast hit him on alighting from a commercial bus.
Adamu said he was missing the care and love of his parents as they are living far away in Makarfi Local Government Area, adding that he wanted them by his bedside.
Abdulmumini Adamu said: “I was coming from tafsir (Ramadan lecture) at Murtala Square, and as soon as I got to Kawo, the bomb blast occurred very close to where I alighted from a commercial bus. The blast affected my hands, my legs and part of my face. I live in Kaduna with my brothers, but my parents are staying in Makarfi Local Government Area. I have not been able to reach them because I don’t have a mobile telephone. I want to see them by my hospital bedside.
Abdulrazak Musa narrated his experience: “I repair generating sets and motorcycles. I went to Kawo to collect a job when the bomb explosion affected my leg and my hand. I was in the right place at the wrong time. I thank God that I am getting better. And I thank whoever brought me to the hospital because I did not know how I got here”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

President Jonathan Fires GMD Of Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation, Appoints Replacement

DELTA POLY RECTOR, PROF. EMMANUEL OGUJOR AND HIS LANDMARK ACHIEVEMENTS.

Woman Stabs Mother Of One To Death Over Chelsea/Athletico Bet